Rick Dipper

Default fixing stud to concrete and damp proof course

On Thu, 6 May 2004 16:43:42 +0000 (UTC), "Michael Mcneil"
wrote:

"Rick Dipper" wrote in message

On 6 May 2004 08:37:11 -0700, (Simon) wrote:

I need to fix a wooden stud partition down to concrete when using a damp proof
course between the two.

Aparently a damp proof course applied to the inside will simply push
off due to hydrostatic preasure. Any water that penetrates to the damp
proof will run down to the floor, and then what happens to it? What is
normal, so my reasearch leads me to beleive, is to build another brick
skin with the dampproof in the cavity, and then your drilling problem
does not exist.

I'm not sure I get what you mean. I have always used brown plugs and
screws. The visquene under the concrete has to take it's own chances but
you should be alright with a 2" inch 10.

I'm sure someone will correct me but the damp course used under the
studding's sole plate is protection against condensation and internal
spills etc.

I thought the OP was sworried about a damp proof cource on walls,
maybe I read it all wrong ..........

Rick