Mark D. Zacharias

Mark D. Zacharias wrote:
Bram Stolk wrote:
This Sony Audio combo HCD-CP1 has a CD player failing to read its
CD's. A replacement KSS213C did not cure my problem, (Yes, I removed
its shipping shunt solderjoint).
It graceously travels its laser to track zero, you can see and hear
it tries to focus but keeps saying NO DISC and will not turn its
spindle. A second and third unit have exactly the same problem.
Swapping components did not solve anything, there must be a typical
component/alignment failure in all my three units. Is there anybody
out there having knowledge about these typical Sony type of premature
component failures ??
TYIA

SYMPTOMS
The CD sound skips, the unit won't read a disc or locate a track.

CAUSE
Due to the small diameter of GEAR A used in the KSM the problems can result.

RESOLUTION
Replace the Gear A with the new improved type.

Part number 2-626-907-11

Don't know if the above applies to yours/

Mark Z.