nospambob

Not for cherry but Jeff Jewitt has suggested for curly maple a dark
dye followed with sanding then clear coating. Variation on a theme if
you will.

On Thu, 26 May 2005 06:05:18 GMT, Nate Perkins
wrote:

"toller" wrote in
:

I am building a cabinet with curly cherry right now. I had planned on
just using BLO and letting time work it's magic. Any recommendations
on bringing out the figure?

On all the cherry I've ever done (either figured or plain), I've always
used oil+shellac or a wiping finish like Waterlox. I always tend toward an
oil-containing finish to improve figure. Perhaps others will post a
suggestion as well.

It sounds like a beautiful cabinet. Good luck with it -- I hope you'll
post a picture or two when you are done.