Bob Engelhardt

Was looking for information on frost proof outdoor shower for lake
cabin. ....
http://www.geocities.com/dick_cryer/shower.html

What a kludge!! All that fastening and unfastening caps on the hose
connection. And overkill - you only need to drain the faucet once a
year when the season's over. And on the Cape you don't really need to
do that: I've lived in Carlisle, MA (which is colder than the Cape) for
32 years and I rarely drain the "sill cock". I haven't had any
freeze-ups yet.

What I would do is simply have a shut-off in the basement (wouldn't even
have to be stop-and-waste), outside a tee with the sill cock below it,
and piping up to the shower control.

X shower valve

-X sill cock

In the fall close the inside valve and open the sill cock and shower
valves to drain. That's it! Jeez!

Bob