John Smith

I've also heard it referred to as a mud tube. It's a thin line of dirt
about 2 feet long that was along the foundation wall. The termites create
it and travel through it. If you see one, I guess it's a pretty sure sign
you have termites.

What I'm nervous about though is, even if the pest inspector comes back and
says there's no signs of active termites, how do I know that extensive
damage hasn't already been done? From what I understand, you can't know,
and there's a decent chance that it has been done. Is this correct? If so,
it sounds like we should walk away. I just don't know if termites are all
too common and we shouldn't let them get in the way. Maybe it's a small
chance there's major damage...we just don't know.

So, I guess I should change the question to: If we got a pest inspector who
says there's no signs of active termites, and no visible signs of structural
damage....would people still walk away from a house they want? On the
grounds that when they were active, they could have been in the walls and
could have done some major damage.

"John A. Weeks III" wrote in message
In article , "John Smith"
wrote:

The scarier part was that there was one mud tunnel found as well.

What is a "mud tunnel". I have never heard that term before.

As far as termites go, unless the damage is extensive, and you
still think the house is a good deal, I'd be inclined to get
the pest control report.

-john-

John A. Weeks III 952-432-2708
Newave Communications