John Anderton

On Wed, 25 May 2005 23:48:41 +0100, abi
wrote:

John Anderton wrote:

However another point is that planning permission is required for any
fence or "means of enclosure" higher than two metres

Yet ignorant ****ers can grow their sodding leylandii as high as they
want while tony and his band of tosspots do **** all about it

T W O F U C K I N G M E T R E S A N D N O T
A C E N T I M E T R E M O R E T O N Y

I'd hope we don't get knee jerk legislation which proposes anything
this silly. I'd like to see something along the lines of "maximum
height 2 metres plus the distance from the boundary, enforced only if
the relevant neighbour objects" otherwise we're going to have a
frankly ludicrous situation where I won't be able to keep my leylandii
hedges as a wind break/sight screen despite the fact that
a) The wind break hedge is a hundred feet from anyone else's land(and
the nearest neighbour's land is a farmer's field)
and
b) My other neighbour likes the privacy my four metre high hedge gives
him from being overlooked from my upstairs windows.

I hope, for once, the government gives careful consideration to any
legislation and realises that some people with leylandii don't have
diddy suburban gardens so a ten metre high hedge is not a problem for
their neighbours and often a hedge over two metres tall is not a
problem for said neighbour even in darkest suburbia anyway.

Cheers,

John