Rick Dipper

Default Asbestos in loft

On 6 May 2004 08:07:41 -0700, (Philip) wrote:

Decided to clear out part of the loft, but I think I may have found
some asbestos pipe insulation up there.

It is in pieces around 18 inches long, and is semi-circular. So two
pieces would surround a pipe and stay put with tape. The inside of
the insulation appears to made of a white powdery substance.

Now I have seen it I dont plan to touch it, but does anyone know if
there is any assistance available for safe removal of this stuff?

Many thanks

Aspestos is fiberous, short thin sharp fibers that get stuck in your
lungs, but you should be able to see fibres, like when you rip paper.

The council will have a guy that can get rid of it, but it will cost.

Rick