On Wed, 25 May 2005 17:11:44 -0700, Grant Erwin
wrote:

It isn't so much the stampings as the fitting. Does your acetylene regulator
thread into it? If so, it is very likely an acetylene tank, since the only other
tanks I know of with that fitting are propane. - GWE

wrote:

I ran across a tank the other day that I THINK is an acetelene tank -
one of the little portable jobs. What numbers should be stamped in the
top of the tank if it is an acetelene tank? it is 7.5" X 24" to the
base of the valve and weighs 33 lb empty. has
markings(something)CC-3AA180
675809
10T72
LCCO
462
467

If not acetetene, anyone know what it is??

Thanks

Acetelene tanks have some sort of "matrix" in them and contain
acetone - this should make the tank heavier and might dampen the
"ring" of the empty tank?

Left sit in the sun it developed a bit of pressure, and when I cracked
the valve there was no odour - so it pretty well rules out acetelene,
I would think.