Grant Erwin

I think you guys are absolutely bonkers on this one. If they underbuilt
plugs so they got hot and started a fire, they would get their asses sued off.

Grant

spaco wrote:

Just thought I'd chime in and support Bob's thinking. Go someplace
where such a plug/receptacle is in use and feel it. You will most
likely note that it's already getting hot. And age doesn't make things
better!!!!!

Pete Stanaitis
-------------------

Bob AZ wrote:

From years of experience let me say this. Most plugs are worthless at

continuous rated service and right along with this most plugs are junk.
There are some good ones but to be safe never count on more than 50%
using rating. Especially for continuous service. The best of them fit
well and this is apparent when you use them. Along with all this you
need good receptacles and preferably the same barnd. Hubbell and
better. Twice the money almost everytime. For 50 Amps I would uese 100
Amp rated plugs and if not the largest rating you can afford and have
space for. Especially for motors and other inductive loads.

Bob AZ