Steven Oakes

"Jonathan" . wrote in message ...

"Steven Oakes" wrote in message
Hi,
I wondered if anyone could help.
What is the going rate for interior painting (emulsion & gloss),
papering,
and general DIY (fixing new skirting etc)?

Area is South East.

Someone has quoted some work for me but I have no basis for comparison.

Many thanks.

Steve.

Depends on which part of the SE, but I tend to pay £100-120 a day. Local
guy
to me charges £17 per hour. And these charges also seem to apply for more
buildery type work too.

Jonathan

THanks alot for the only sensible reply.
It was a rough hourly rate I was after. Guy who quoted me is a friend - I
want to make sure I am paying him fairly as he has a tendency to be too
generous. I've been meaning to get round to do the work myself but 8 months
later its dawned on me that its best to help out a friend - at a fair price
to him and me - and actually get the work done!!

Thanks again.