Tidder

Ken Weitzelwrote:
Tidder wrote:
Viewfinder flickers like someone is flicking on and off the power

it. I've replaced the CRT tube inside of it, with same problem.

It
has a sleeve with wound copper wire that the CRT slips inside of.
Could this be where the problem lies? Other than this, it records
good still, and plays video fine thru the video out.

Model is CC407
RCA VHS Camcorder - OLD!

Hi Tidder...

The sleeve with lots of copper wound around it is the
yoke... not your problem.

I have downstairs an old rca camera - not worth repairing,
and not worth having if it was - vidicon type

However, the viewfinder is intact, and works perfectly...
just went down and played (sorta a tape and watched it
with the viewfinder.

I wonder if the viewfinder might be interchangable?

If you'll send me an email, I'll be happy to send you
back a few pics of it.

Take care.

Ken[/quote:e40060a736]

Ken, that would be great, cause I really don't know what I'm doing.
I'm a computer repair tech, and have lots of electronics knowledge,
but this is way over my head.

As for replacing the tube, somebody suggested that on another forum,
so I actually bought a new one (HARD TO FIND!) but I don't have a
spare one of these lyin' around.