Dave in Fairfax

Dan Bollinger wrote:
I hear what you are saying and agree with all your points. I hope someone
picks up this banner and runs with it. Dan

It would/wood be nice if that were to happen, but it seems a
daunting task. It's too bad that Leif has problems turning d/t
back problems, the slo-mo lunges seem to help my back. PEG OTOH,
hasn't done much for wood when I've used it. The wood didn't
crack while it was submerged, but it cracked shortly after
turning. I did try the permutation of LDD when I first started
and found that the type of LDD didn't matter as much as the ration
of LDD:water. As I remember, The cheaper, Crystal/Octagon stuff
worked as well as the Costco stuff did, but if you went beyond 1:3
soap:water it stopped working acceptably, and that 1:1 was notably
better. Most of the problems reported were related to failure to
follow directions if I recall. Stuff like, I wiped it on and it
didn't work. Or I put one part soap in a zillion parts water and
it didn't work. The other popular one was i soaked it and turned
it then I let it dry and it cracked. i don't remember any
complaints when the wood was soaked in the proper solution, turned
and finished immediately. That also is my finding. wipe the LDD
off the wood, turn it to final thickness and apply finish w/o
allowing ti to dry beforehand.

Good luck,
Dave in Fairfax
--