Percival P. Cassidy

When we were looking for a house about 18 months ago, everything recent
had a homowners' association.

We ended up with a 30-yr old place with only two pages of CC&Rs and no
HOA. People park boats, trucks, and vans with advertising on them in
their driveways or alongside their houses; there are a bunch of outside
TV antennas, at least one amateur radio tower and soon to be another; so
what? Nobody can tell us when or what color to paint our house or how
often to mow our lawn. If anybody causes a disturbance, I'm sure that
the police will take care of it if a complaint is lodged.

Perce

On 05/25/05 11:48 am Travis Jordan tossed the following ingredients into
the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

I guess that is what bothers me - if you don't want to live in a deed
restricted community, then don't. OTOH, if you buy into a deed
restricted community then you should be prepared to comply with the
restrictions. It bamboozles me how some people move into a community
with voluntary restrictions and then proceed to bitch all day about
their lot in life, or worse, say things like "all HOA's are bad and
should be banished".