Arch

Science is great, but not holy. I'm with Dave. I gave up and washed my
hands of that soapy LDD science, except for joshing Leif, long ago. I'll
sit by and await the results of those with a more inquiring mind and the
time to use or waste it. A chance observation isn't a scientific
experiment in which a theory is already held (sometimes too tightly) in
mind.

I think it's ok to use LDD or not to use it in whatever uncontrolled
methods we slobs (not you, Dave) mess around with. We feel no guilt for
not glimpsing the larger picture and take no blame for the descent of
man.

Empirically, Arch
p.s. I'm just kidding around in ignorance, but I have read some of the
ideas of Thomas Kuhn and others about the history and current concepts
of what science really is and scientists really are. For me, they are a
comfortable rebuttal to those who don't count medicine or social work
...or woodturning as science. A.