Dave in Fairfax

Dan Bollinger wrote:
Dave, I don't need to Google anything. I've been a member of RCT for many
years and recall the conversations. But even if I did, all I'd find is more
evidence that this potentially valuable technique hasn't improved or been
understood in those years. Which is a shame since the size of wood blocks
we need for turning bowls cannot be dried in kilns, and even if they could,
we might not be able to afford them. The reason nothing conclusive has been
found is because no one is looking!!! I don't use LDD. I don't need to run
the tests for me. But I can tell you there are many people here who wish
someone would! I am encouraging people in the group to invest a little time
in understanding this more.

My apology, I didn't mean to offend you. I didn't check to see
how long you'd been posting, much less wonder how long you'd been
lurking. It seems to me that a while back Andi Wolfe and someone
else, whose name I should remember, but don't, did look at this in
a fairly scientific method (pun intended) and either didn't come
up with a good conclusion or else gave up after realizing the
amount of work necessary to really run down the answer.

I was serious about you doing the legwork if you wanted to, and
getting back to us about it. It would be nice to know once and
for all what the mechanism is, and whether there are any grounds
to the LDD. OTOH, it won't affect the bucket of the stuff I've
been using for several years now. %-) Ya gotta have faith in
SOMETHING.

Dave in Fairfax
--
Dave Leader