Dan Bollinger

The reason that you're not hearing anything from the group is
evident if you do a google on this. Most who have been here more
than a couple of years have been down this road so many times that
we can find our way in the dark. Nothing conclusive has been
found other than the soap:water ratio becomes critical below a
certain level. It gets numbing after a time. By all means, go
ahead and run the tests, make your own concusions and let us know
what you come up with.

Dave, I don't need to Google anything. I've been a member of RCT for many
years and recall the conversations. But even if I did, all I'd find is more
evidence that this potentially valuable technique hasn't improved or been
understood in those years. Which is a shame since the size of wood blocks
we need for turning bowls cannot be dried in kilns, and even if they could,
we might not be able to afford them. The reason nothing conclusive has been
found is because no one is looking!!! I don't use LDD. I don't need to run
the tests for me. But I can tell you there are many people here who wish
someone would! I am encouraging people in the group to invest a little time
in understanding this more.

Dan