Dan Bollinger

Say, that looks pretty nice. You know, since looks like you've
already got quite a bit invested in it, and you're concerned about the
x/y router table interfering with making curves, you might want to
take the extra step of getting a CNC controller and some servo motors
for the table- then you can set it to cut curves all day with no
worries.

Thanks! Actually, I have more time than cash invested. I probably have
less invested than a new One-Way lathe costs. A lot of the parts were
scavenged, bartered, or won on eBay.

The Thompson slides 'could' be fitted with servo motors, and I know that
there are little PC solutions for running XY tables, but I'd rather not.
Even though turning a crank isn't the same enjoyment as gripping a gouge,
I've been doing that for years on my metal lathe and mill. And I don't have
servos on them, either.

However, it would be a great solution if I needed mass quantities of the
same shape for some reason.

Dan