Frank White

In article , says...

Gunner wrote:
Proto wrote:

snip
How does their being able to collect money from another pension have
anything to do with the SS trust fund?

First..there is NO trust fund.
Secondly..I was referring to double or tripple dipping. A Congressman
or millionare will not only recieve their SS stipend, but their
congressional pensions, retirement pensions etc. So while a granny in
Toledo has to make it on $875 a month..her neighbor a retired
government worker takes in a cool $3000 a month. WIth the shortfalls
in SS..I think some form of Needs Testing should be implimented.

snip

Hmm. That sounds like half of, "From each according to his
abilities, to each according to his needs".

R,
Tom Q.
Remove bogusinfo to reply.

In a perfect world the first part of Marx's little ditty would be
the truth of our income tax system. Instead of "so many loopholes
and tricks the rich and powerful pay only a pittance of what they
should and the rest of us have to pay the rest..."

"To each according to his needs" would actually be a pretty good
distribution scheme, if it wasn't that whoever was in charge would
probably skew the defination of 'need' to favor his friends and
allies...

(heavy sigh)

FW