Banty

In article , Travis Jordan
says...

Banty wrote:
It really isn't an issue to get polarized over.

Well said.

I guess that is what bothers me - if you don't want to live in a deed
restricted community, then don't. OTOH, if you buy into a deed
restricted community then you should be prepared to comply with the
restrictions. It bamboozles me how some people move into a community
with voluntary restrictions and then proceed to bitch all day about
their lot in life, or worse, say things like "all HOA's are bad and
should be banished".

Have a nice day.

Well, depends again. There are cases where a certain member of my family moved
to a rural-exurban area in Wyoming which had an HOA, then complained of the
"yuppies" who wouldn't let her family have (significantly!) more than the
specified number of horses per property. There are cases where the HOA members
get a little kuntrol-phreaky and new regs come up banning windchimes and such,
and/or depending on which specific neighbors you have, you get eyes on your
back about whether or not your visiting nephew has his car parked in the
driveway for an eighth day vs. the specified week.

I've seen both sides of this one. One reason why I can't get too polarized
about it :-)

Banty