Mark D. Zacharias

Bram Stolk wrote:
This Sony Audio combo HCD-CP1 has a CD player failing to read its
CD's. A replacement KSS213C did not cure my problem, (Yes, I removed
its shipping shunt solderjoint).
It graceously travels its laser to track zero, you can see and hear
it tries to focus but keeps saying NO DISC and will not turn its
spindle. A second and third unit have exactly the same problem.
Swapping components did not solve anything, there must be a typical
component/alignment failure in all my three units. Is there anybody
out there having knowledge about these typical Sony type of premature
component failures ??
TYIA

The laser might not be getting lit up. There could be some other
drive-related issue. I think this is a fairly recent model - might be worth
it to see how much the flat rate service cost is at the Laredo, TX.
facility. Otherwise one would just need the service manual, test equipment,
some experience, and maybe some luck.

Mark Z.