JVC Dude

As it tries to focus, if you spin the disc do you hear the squeaky noise
indicating that the focus servo has locked onto the disc? If so then perhaps
its the spindle motor/ drive IC. If it won't close the focus servo then
you're probably looking at the head amp area/psu.
Have you tried a new flexi connector? that can give strange fault
conditions.
Also check that the spindle height hasn't moved on its shaft.
regards
AW

"Bram Stolk" wrote in message
This Sony Audio combo HCD-CP1 has a CD player failing to read its CD's. A
replacement KSS213C did not cure my problem, (Yes, I removed its shipping
shunt solderjoint).
It graceously travels its laser to track zero, you can see and hear it

tries
to focus but keeps saying NO DISC and will not turn its spindle. A second
and third unit have exactly the same problem. Swapping components did not
solve anything, there must be a typical component/alignment failure in all
my three units. Is there anybody out there having knowledge about these
typical Sony type of premature component failures ??

TYIA