Robert Bonomi

In article .com,
wrote:
ww88 - thanks for the hinge info. I'll look into it. But I think that
Morris is right, I don't think there is any way to get it to fold up to
16' long with two 16' uncut lengths.

At least, not with my logic anyway

Dean

_Of_course_ there is a way to do it.

Think about how a paper-bag folds flat. where the short sides 'V' in, and
the long sides just collapse against each other.

Apply the same logic to your project.

1) lay in the two long sides, as single pieces.
2) make the short sides, so that they butt up against the long sides.
3) Now, _cut_them_in_half_, and put flat 'butt' hinges on the *outside* of
that cut-line.
4) lastly, put the short sides in between the long sides, mark the _inside_
corners of those joints for hinges, and install those hinges.