Upscale

"LRod" wrote in message

But if you turn the saw stop function off, and you're left with a saw
whose functionaity is no different than any other cabinet saw on the
market, but its price is at or very near the top of the list and it's
been on the market for less than a year (raising questions of
durability, company longevity, etc.), how is that a win?

A win (maybe not a big win admittedly) to me is when something doesn't
function as well as expected, but is still entirely useable under any other
circumstance. As well, owning a good, solid cabinet saw is a win as far as
I'm concerned. And don't forget, we're only discussing turning off the
saw-stop feature in the event of a number of false-triggers. I'd guess that
it will happen under certain circumstances, but until it does and there's a
measure of information out there to refer to, all that can be done for now
is to project apprehension on a still relatively unproven technology. Much
as I've been hassling Robert, he's right, this is a product that is going to
have to prove itself very well before it becomes widely accepted.