Prometheus

On Tue, 24 May 2005 22:14:35 GMT, "Dan Bollinger"
wrote:

mac, I'm not saying you should. I'm saying there are people here who may
find that challenging. But then you are talking to a fellow who is not only
motivated to research how a lathe works, but building an oval turning lathe
from scratch.

http://www.claycritters.com/lathe/

Say, that looks pretty nice. You know, since looks like you've
already got quite a bit invested in it, and you're concerned about the
x/y router table interfering with making curves, you might want to
take the extra step of getting a CNC controller and some servo motors
for the table- then you can set it to cut curves all day with no
worries.

Something like this would do the trick, though I have no idea who
makes the best one for the job.

http://www.neecontrols.com/amc4c2.html

Takes all kinds, doesn't it! Dan