Wes Stewart

On Sat, 07 May 2005 11:30:02 -0400, "Percival P. Cassidy"
wrote:

For the first time in the 18 months we've been in this house, our garage
door suddenly opened on its own. I knew that these openers are (like
many other things, such as cordless phones, remote temperature sensors,
wireless networking equipment) "Part 15" devices whose users must put up
with whatever interference they experience, but it suddenly struck me:
What happens if the door opens when we are on vacation?

This is an older system that *may* perhaps be more susceptible to
interference than more recent ones, but do people typically turn off or
unplug their garage openers when they leave the house unoccupied for an
extended period?

Yep.