Pecanfan wrote:
I'd be surprised if it would last. Even the 'beast' snagged at

times
and
the torque clutch thing kicked in. How thick is the wall?

It's only a 60mm. I've had no problem core drilling small holes

like
those,
even with a low powered, wrist shattering cheapie with a TCT bit,

which
has
lasted for several holes with no sign of expiring.

Obviously, I would have to recommend that a safety clutch is used,

even if
didn't follow my own advice.

What were the bricks like? I don't think there's any way a normal

SDS would
have made it through our walls (stupidly hard 1900's triple brick

with no
cavity) - even the 40mm holes were a struggle. Mind you, breeze

block won't
be a problem and if the bricks are soft enough I suppose you might

get away
with it. It's still cheaper and easier to hire though, unless you're
planning to do loads more core drilling later down the line - the bit

alone
will probably be more than the entire hire costs (don't quote me on

that
though).

Andy

6cm is not big.
65mm tct core drill =A34.51 from toolstation.com 72655
sds arbor =A35.27 18616
guide drill 1.98 99910

they deliver, you dont have to go to the hire place and back again, and
the stuffs new not knackered.

Even a plain steel bit would manage 3 holes, tct is way tougher. No
problem there.

Sideways movement of drill tends to cause snagging, so I'd take it easy
if you use a no clutch job. Keep speed down to aviod it biting you, and
not use up a ladder.

Personally Id get a clutched one like a bosch, but a cheapie will still
work.

Tie a hoover hose onto the depth stop rod and itll do 95% of the clear
up for you.

NT