Danny Monaghan

"Christian McArdle" wrote in
t:

There's a point load if you stand on the bottom. It is the mass of the
person minus the amount they happen to be displacing. This is
approximately equivalent to the mass of the body parts above the water
level (and exactly so if the human density==1). However, with a 1.5m
level, this difference (and hence point load) is likely to be small.

When swimming, they will displace their entire mass, leaving no point
load.

In any case, the additional weight is peanuts.

Unless it's the final straw

I think, all things considered, that I'm going to opt for cutting and
filling a level base. This will require little in the way of retaining
structure, and will probably take no longer to build. It will also save
quite a few hundred pounds (sterling, not weight )

It's not going to give me the desired finish, but it's a compromise I'm
happy with.

Now I've got to get digging because the pool has just arrived today.