John-Del

Rono whined:

You guys are missing the info!! These units will not run
with high standby B+. Scopes & EEPROM changes won't
fix it. I tried everything I could think of. Just read again. Rono.

Even if the advice you get is wrong, you should be more grateful to
this group which has answered lots of your questions. As it turns
out, the information you did receive WAS CORRECT.

RCA 25" M # 25GT536, chassis # CTC177AG. Unit was dead,
replaced STK-730-010 (shorted), R104 1.5 meg ohm (gone high),
C4105 10UF @ 250 Volt (gone leaky), checked/replaced CR4108
(130 volt line), changed C4402 (warped), 12 volts, & 5 volts standby
is fine, 5 volts to EEPROM, & tact switches, but 130 volt line is +146
volts dc. B+ to LA7610 main jungle IC +7 volts. B+ to horizontal output,
& drive is + 146 volts, & unit won't start. What did I miss? Rono.

The 177 series doesn't regulate at 130, it regulates more like 140 VDC.
This particular smps type doesn't tightly regulate the B+ at standby,
so 145-147 is normal. Once the TV starts and current loads the supply,
it will regulate to within +/- 1 volt at 140.

So if this TV fails to attempt a start with the standby voltages
nominal, you must check a couple of things (and I must repeat myself).
The micro needs to have viable clock and data lines, which need to be
checked with a scope. The micro needs 5 volts and reset line at proper
voltage, and it needs a running clock (plus more). The micro queries
the eeprom, so the SDL is active for about a second at plugin. If the
data doesn't appear at all, you have a system control problem. If the
data appears and doesn't stop after 1 second, the micro isn't
communicating with the eeprom, and is continually trying. The eeprom
could be bad (as another poster suggested), or there is an open
circuit between the micro and eeprom.

If the data appears and stops after 1 second, the system control is
most likely OK, and you need to check the horiz output pin of the T
chip for horiz drive. If it appears, follow the signal to the horiz
drive\output circuit.

If no drive appears, scope the clock and data lines to the T chip. If
they are OK, the T-chip could be bad, the horiz drive Vcc is missing,
or the horiz freq determining components off the T chip are bad.

John