David

Like others have said, you can joint about to about 2 times the length
of your jointer, BUT it's usually wise to first cut long lumber to
shorter lengths because warped boards will lose too much before they are
straight along their entire length. If you get no snipe, you can just
rough cut to about an inch longer than the final dimension. Set up
properly, you shouldn't get any snipe, unlike many (depends on which
model) surface planers which are prone to snipe no matter how they are
set up. Don't cut boards into too small of pieces, as there's a safe
and practical limit, which should be noted in your manual.

Dave

Vic Baron wrote:

When using a typical 6" floor model jointer like a Grizzly - what would you
say is the longest piece of stock that can be easily worked by one person?
Would using roller supports make jointing longer boards feasible?

If I buy 8' rough lumber I find that I have to cut it into smaller workable
pieces to joint and plane it.

Vic