Gunner

On Tue, 24 May 2005 17:52:15 -0400, "Proto" wrote:

Now we have high income pensioners with one or more pension fund
drawing SS at the same time. This puts one hell of a drain on the
system.

How does their being able to collect money from another pension have
anything to do with the SS trust fund?

First..there is NO trust fund.
Secondly..I was referring to double or tripple dipping. A Congressman
or millionare will not only recieve their SS stipend, but their
congressional pensions, retirement pensions etc. So while a granny in
Toledo has to make it on $875 a month..her neighbor a retired
government worker takes in a cool $3000 a month. WIth the shortfalls
in SS..I think some form of Needs Testing should be implimented.

Btw..the average Poor in the US, is considered poor in no
other part of the planet. Ever see the government figures on the
poverty level?

No but it would be nice to set a site while you bring it up.

http://aspe.hhs.gov/poverty/05poverty.shtml
http://ask.yahoo.com/ask/20010903.html
http://www.worldbank.org/wbi/qualityofgrowth/facts.htm

The Elderly are already being funded. Funded at the level they wish
to be? Some are, some are not.

I don't know enough of them to comment. The ones I do know are always
hurting and call it a 'fixed income' when it sure seems broke to me.

The ones driving the Lexus, or riding the bus?

They by and large should have done as
their forebearers did..and planned ahead.

So what you are saying then they should be penalized for this.

If you shoot yourself in the foot, Im under no obligation to sell my
house and provide you with medical care.

One should also note that SS
basicly ruined the charities that performed the task of taking care of
the truely needy.

You might have to run that one by me again.

http://seniorjournal.com/NEWS/Medica...Physicians.htm

(a single example among many many.

The "needs of the poor" are well addressed in this country. Free
medical, low income housing, public transportation at discount and so
forth. Food stamps, WIC vouchers, aid to dependent children yada yada
yada.

Is this before or after my mother-in-law loses her house? Being poor is
different from becoming poor.

So why are you and the rest of the family not making sure she doesnt
lose the house? Why would any of you send Mom off to the home, at a
cost to her, and later to the taxpayers of at least $5000 a month when
you could move her into your house as most folks did prior to SS, and
feed, shelter and make sure she was taken care of?

While its true that the single biggest issue is perscription med
costs...those could be addressed by the Canadian method, and still not
touch SS funds.

Whole different topic.

Not really..wnen one is on fixed income..and the meds needed to
maintain life is shattered.....

Gunner

Proto.

for torturing the cat." Gunner