Frank White

In article , says...

On 22 May 2005 15:16:58 GMT, (Frank White)
wrote:

In article ,
says...

On Sat, 21 May 2005 18:43:02 GMT, BottleBob
wrote:

sittingduck wrote:

Nutjobs like gunner, jb, and cliff belong in groups like that, but they would
be drowned out by the dozens more just like them. This is why they stay in
the groups they normally frequent, thre is very little competition for
attention.

SD:

"Nutjobs like gunner, jb, and cliff..." But, but, I thought you and
Cliff were buds? Left wing feathers flocking together, or something
like that. Did you become disillusioned for some reason?

BB,
You don't have to be "left" anything to pick apart the
favored sayings, lies & claims of nutjobs like Gunner, most of
the braindead wingers, gunnutz, fundies or jb.

I don't think Gunner's a nutjob. But I have no idea what's
wrong with him, these days.

FW

What are you referring to? That I dont share your view on the war in
Iraq?

Well, that, in part. But it goes deeper. Up until recently I
would have said that the tenets of your life were "Work hard,
play fair, follow the rules no matter what the other guy does,
and don't trust government (aka if someone from the government
comes up and says "We're here to help you", run for your life)".
But now...

Bush says we need to invade other countries in the name of
national security, you not only jump on the bandwagon, you
attack - without discussion or an explaination of why you
support him - anyone who says this was a BAD idea.

Bush says we should privatize Social Security, you accept his
proposal as Gospel, ignoring even the Republican economists
who point out problems. Like that it may well cost TRILLIONS
(yes, the "T" word) to implement his plan at a time when the
government is already facing record deficets. And that there's
little popular support for such an idea.

Bush says we NEED the Patriot Act to fight terrorists; and
even though there's little evidence that the Patriot Act has
actually been effective against terrorist activities; and even
though your challenge to name one innocent person who's been
hurt by the law has been answered repeatedly and extensively
in the positive; and even though folks from all over the
spectrum worry about it endangering civil liberties, you
insist anyone who wants this act repealed is a leftist whack-
hole.

It's like you've chucked the fourth tenet and become, not
just a Bush supporter, but a Saturday Night Live parody of a
Bush supporter. Or the guy in "1984" who was reprogrammed to
love Big Brother...

I assume the first two tenets are still in place. But some
of your comments make me think you've also tossed "Follow the
rules" (or international law, the Golden Rule, basic humanity,
etc) for "kill them all and let God sort them out".

Wrath, I would point out, is one of the Seven Deadly Sins...

Or that I tend to not let bull**** remain unanswered?

You don't?

What do you classify your proposal that we nuke Mecca in
retaliation for further terrorist attacks as? Have you
actually THOUGHT of what the consequences of that would
be, international, economic, political, social, internal,
humanitarian? I have no wish to see the US go from the
world's policeman to Nazi Germany II overnight and the
world preparing to put us down like a rabid dog. If
your plan is not a bull**** idea, I don't know what is...

I don't know who's doing your thinking for you thse days, but
you should fire them. They're not doing a good job.

Or that
my capacity for being nice to buffoons has gotten smaller and smaller?

Gunner

"Considering the events of recent years,
the world has a long way to go to regain
its credibility and reputation with the US."
unknown

And THIS is another problem! I haven't been able to
Google it - I may be remembering it wrong - but I
recall the counter quote that "Nations are at their
most arrogant when they are in decline". Spain,
England, France, several of the Chinese dynasties
before they fall... I don't know if we're in decline
but I see worrisome signs: A crumbling infrastructure,
lack of focus on education, an increasing divide
between rich and poor, political/social/religious
divisiveness on a scale seldom seen before...

Decline CAN be reversed, but it takes people willing
to work together, identify the problems, and figure
out how to fix them.

Finding such people isn't easy...

FW