Carl Byrns

"stone" wrote in message
oups.com...
I found an old standby generator and I'd like to
separate the engine from the generator.

It is a generac generator and a 4 cylinder engine.

The problem is a hidden bolt inside a housing
in between the generator and the engine.

Does anyone by chance know how this sort of
assembly comes apart?

It has a hub on the end of the generator armature
that bolts on to the fly wheel with six bolts.

The problem is a fan connected to this hub, by blind
bolts, that won't allow the generator through the
housing which is bolted onto the engine bell.

If by chance anyone recognizes this problem,
thanks for the help.

Oh, boy.
If this anything like my Kohler Electric Plant you have take the generator
section apart completely, leaving the armature connected to the crankshaft.
Take lots of pictures for future reference.
With the armature fully exposed, whack it with a rubber mallet in the
direction of rotation because it is connected to the crank by a taper,
which will hopefully release.

Good luck.

-Carl