JR North

It's not that hard. Case hardened steel. It cuts on the bandsaw.
JR
Dweller in the cellar

Modat22 wrote:
A friend of mine has several old car struts and I noticed that they
all had nice looking round stock as the piston connecting rod. Its
really hard stuff, what type of steel could this be? and would it be
useful for linear bearing assy's or shaft material just to mess around
with?

Dependence is Vulnerability:
"Open the Pod Bay Doors please, Hal"