D. Gerasimatos

In article .com,
wrote:

Yeah, well, the man is entitled to live in a quiet neighborhood.
That's why he bought the house in a neighborhood with a HOA. Most
people are aware of the restrictions in the neighborhood before they
move in. If they don't like them, nobody made them live there.
Richard is entitled to peace and quiet in the "totalitarian state" he
lives and you are entitled to all the noise in the world on your hippie
commune. Or wherever you play your out of tune guitar and make noise
until midnight, along with the Garage Singers (and out of Richard's
neighborhood). By the way, I didn't see anything about "no kids" in
any of the posts, or by Richard. But "no noise" and "no bands" I
totally agree with - where I live is often referred to as a "bedroom
community" for a reason. We want it quiet so we can sleep, among other
things. You don't have to live here!

There are HOAs that prevent people with kids from moving in. Kids are
certainly loud and obnoxious. I don't have an HOA, but your idea of what
living in a place without one is like is laughable. If someone is having
a party at 4am we call the police! Do HOAs kill brain cells?

Dimitri