SteveB

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hello:

Want to get an outdoor grill (probably in the $ 400 range) as a gift.
Really know nothing about them, but CR had a good writeup on them this
month.

Concerning electronic igniters:

is this a "must-have" option ?
how important ?

If it doesn't come with one, how do you light the burners; a match, or...
?

BTW: The Vermont Castings Brand seems to offer a bit more than the Webers
that you see in all the stores.
Any opinions on ?

thanks,
B.

I have a Vermont Castings three burner. I absolutely love it. It is easy
to regulate heat. The thing is heavy and holds the heat in. The porcelain
grates are easy, just wire brush them, and spray with Pam before cooking.

But the one thing I like the most is the "clicker". It has worked FIRST
time, EVERY time so far. I would suggest this barbecuer to anyone. I have
a cheaper one at my rental, and I have to supply those long butane lighter
sticks and hope someone doesn't burn off their eyebrows. I think I will be
springing for a new Vermont Castings grill for over there soon.

It says quality from the first time you lift the heavy lid. I paid $400,
but don't anticipate having to buy anothe barbecue in my lifetime. Up till
now, I've owned about six. Get the nice cover at Lowe's and keep care of
it.

Steve