No

How about cyanoacrylates? AKA super glue. I know people use them for small
repairs. Is this stuff available by the gallon?
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...=1,110&p=42966

What about that clear plastic stuff you sometimes see on bar tops (you know,
where they embed coins in and stuff)
http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=4140

What about epoxy?
http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...110,42965&ap=1

Combination of cyanoacrylates first then epoxy or bar top stuff? Basically
encase the thing in plastic. After you remove the active fungus and such.

"Jim Wild" wrote in message
Great question huh? In fact, I need to preserve this half way rotten
stump for a possible piece of art to be mounted on top of it. (On a
golf course) It is 3' in diameter at the base, 4' tall, but has a rotted
center that you could fit a bowling ball into. We are planning a very
large and expensive wood carving to be mounted on top of this stump.
Will filling the rotten middle with cement stop the rotting process for
at least a few years? If you can answer that one, your good.

Thanks, Jim