LRod

On Tue, 24 May 2005 12:31:37 -0400, "Upscale"
wrote:

"Robert Bonomi" wrote in message

If the thing 'false triggers' on a -weekly- basis, at a "cost" of half
an hour of down-time, and $50-$200 in parts, It is 'too expensive' to
maintain.

One other thing occurred to me. I think most would agree that this is a well
built saw, excluding any consideration for the saw-stop function. If, (which
appears to be one of your favourite words) as you say it 'false triggers'
once in awhile or too much for whatever time period you deem to be
appropriate, then you can still turn the saw-stop function off, have a good
working saw on hand and not worry anymore about some of your 'false
triggers' happening in the future.

It's not as if any 'false-triggers' are going to bankrupt you. It might
disappoint you or you might end up with a little bit less of a machine than
you wanted, but any way you look it, you'd still own a highly capable, solid
piece of woodworking machinery. As far as I'm concerned, that's a win in my
books.

But if you turn the saw stop function off, and you're left with a saw
whose functionaity is no different than any other cabinet saw on the
market, but its price is at or very near the top of the list and it's
been on the market for less than a year (raising questions of
durability, company longevity, etc.), how is that a win?

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net