Larry Jaques

On 24 May 2005 11:49:09 -0700, the inscrutable "Tim Shoppa"
spake:

I was thinking Chicago Pneumatic.
[...]
nor do I want Harbor Freight junk

I thought Chicago Pneumatic was now just a brand name for Harbor
Freight junk? All of it is made in China and seems to be the lowest of
the low end. Not that it doesn't work but it is not a tool you use
day-in-day-out for years.

Don't be dissin' the best air tool mfgr around, son.

Now "old" Chicago Pneumatic stuff, that may have been OK. But now it's
just a name put on the cheapest Chinese tools.

Harbor Fright's stuff is "Central Pneumatic". CP is American made (or
at least it always was. Hmmm... http://www.chicagopneumatic.com/

"The CP brand, the name for quality tools and assembly systems from
four of the world's major and long standing power tool manufacturers:
CP Chicago Pneumatic, CP Desoutter, CP Georges Renault, CP Qianshao,
CP Scanrotor and CP Techmotive, now fully integrated into one
business. Together we provide you with the complete range of products
to satisfy all your production needs. We have harnessed our combined
R&D, engineering design, manufacturing and sales expertise to form one
global organization serving you at local level yet providing the
security of a large back-up organization. The end result is the most
extensive range of products, services and production solutions
available, from simple fastening tools, drills and abrasive tools to
the most advanced assembly and drilling systems available. Whatever
the application we have the tools for the job. CP - a name synonymous
with quality, durability, power and excellence in its field."

It looks like the 789 is the replacement and has needle bearings.
The new 788R is an 1800rpm reversible 3/8" drill.
My 787 is an 1800rpm model while the newer ones are 500rpm.

-
The only reason I would take up exercising is || http://diversify.com
so that I could hear heavy breathing again. || Programmed Websites