Larry Jaques

On Tue, 24 May 2005 12:09:00 -0500, the inscrutable "B.B."
u spake:

I have to start buying tools at my new job. Priority number one is
an air drill.
The guy I've been training with has had hell with Matco's drills.
His old one lasted 8 years before it broke, but Matco claimed to have no
replacement parts for it and he bought a new one. It lasted one year.
Literally died the day after warranty was up. Matco says: he's SOL.
I was thinking Chicago Pneumatic. They've got one that I can get for
about $150 and advertises needle bearings. Ooh! High-tech.
Anyway, anyone know if CP's drills are sturdy as they claim to be and
if I'll be able to get parts later on should I need them?
Any other brands/models suggested?
I don't want to pay Snap-On prices nor do I want Harbor Freight junk.
In-between is best.

CPs were great 30 years ago when I got mine. It's still working and
has never been rebuilt. Although I never used it in production mode
and always oiled it before use each time I did pull it out, it's never
given me a lick of trouble. I just hope they're as good today as they
were then. The CP had about triple the torque of anything else on the
market at that time and when I used the Silver & Deming bits, I needed
-both- hands on the beastie. Let's see, that's a CP-787. I wonder if
they still build it...

-
The only reason I would take up exercising is || http://diversify.com
so that I could hear heavy breathing again. || Programmed Websites