Cliff

On Mon, 23 May 2005 23:25:29 -0700, "PrecisionMachinisT"
wrote:

Can you use an automotive-type transmission fluid & a
few changes?

Can you explain why you would think that might be something he should be
considering ???

IF the clutches were fluid clutches or bathed in the transmission
fluid (gearbox oil) they might have become "glazed" if the fluid level
became low or they were slipping, right?

Are they any cleaning fluids for such?

Perhaps a fresh bucket of hydraulic fluid is in order ???

Would that deglaze any such clutches?

What does Mazak say?

Hmmm....sounds likely to me like this particular machine is nearly 30 years
old....and my bets that Mazak ain't even gonna give him the time of day in
Tokyo.

They might have some ideas at the local office .....
--
Cliff