Bram Stolk

Default SONY Audio HCD-CP1

This Sony Audio combo HCD-CP1 has a CD player failing to read its CD's. A
replacement KSS213C did not cure my problem, (Yes, I removed its shipping
shunt solderjoint).
It graceously travels its laser to track zero, you can see and hear it tries
to focus but keeps saying NO DISC and will not turn its spindle. A second
and third unit have exactly the same problem. Swapping components did not
solve anything, there must be a typical component/alignment failure in all
my three units. Is there anybody out there having knowledge about these
typical Sony type of premature component failures ??

TYIA