Larry and Lois

Hello
I have a termite exterminators licences.
you can go to a do it yourself store. and find tim-bor
it treats wood decay fungi and termites. good wood preservitive. it has a
borate in it
http://www.bugspray.com/catalog/products/page51.html

but if as you said a large expensive object will sit on this rotten stump.
i'd grind it out and put in a proper pedestal.

larry t

"Jim Wild" wrote in message
Great question huh? In fact, I need to preserve this half way rotten
stump for a possible piece of art to be mounted on top of it. (On a
golf course) It is 3' in diameter at the base, 4' tall, but has a rotted
center that you could fit a bowling ball into. We are planning a very
large and expensive wood carving to be mounted on top of this stump.
Will filling the rotten middle with cement stop the rotting process for
at least a few years? If you can answer that one, your good.

Thanks, Jim