LRod

On Mon, 23 May 2005 20:56:02 -0400, "mike hide"
wrote:

Again read the first post in this thread by Stoutman ,not the one you choose
to suit your purposes.

Is this the post to which you refer?:

:"stoutman" wrote in message
.com...
: This has probably been asked before, but...

: I recently started watching David Marks on DIY. I have yet to see him cut a "real" tenon. Always loose tenons using a multi router.

: Why is this? Is there an advantage to loose tenons that I am unaware of? Does he just like to show off his multi router? Are they just easier to make?

: I use to only watch Nahmmy and I have learned 90% of what I know from him. Nahmmy "rarely" made loose tenons.

: Confused...

I read it...again.

I was not concerned with the author but with the subject, loose tenons. I
assure you I do know what a tenon is and exactly what a loose tenon is by
general woodworking standards.

Well, there it is. The subject says loose tenons, the first paragraph
says loose tenons. The second paragraph says loose tenons. The third
paragraph says loose tenons. It seems pretty clear that the subject
was loose tenons. Not the fit of conventional, integral mortise and
tenons, but loose tenons as a joinery technique. By general
woodworking standards.

A huge clue that it was indeed a loose (or floating, as someone else
called it) tenon thread was the mention (twice) of the multi router.

Your assumption that I am unknowledgable about " Loose Tenons" as defined
by Marks has absolutely no basis ,you have no idea what I do or not know.

Your words say otherwise. For example, you said you don't even know
who Marks is ("[e]ven though I have never seen David Mark's program
let alone ever heard of him"). Therefore, one can only conclude that
you are unknowledgable about loose tenons as defined by Marks, by
definition.

And that's what the subject was and you were off the subject. Even
David and CW thought so.

As a matter of fact you would appear to be a nasty little know-it-all
yourself., Being that it is surprizing you bother with mister Marks or the
subject matter as it all has to be old hat to you.

Ah, ad hominem attack. That'll prove your case

--
LRod

Master Woodbutcher and seasoned termite

Shamelessly whoring my website since 1999

http://www.woodbutcher.net