Prometheus

On Mon, 23 May 2005 10:16:38 -0700, "Leif Thorvaldson"
wrote:

Prometheus: A noble and worthwhile thought and sharing, but be prepared to
suffer the fate of your namesake. The LDD topic arouses all sorts of
reactions from turners. We have speculated on this before and you bring up
some interesting points, but "we" decided that it would take a scientific
investigation into the actual effects of LDD on wood. The cost is
prohibitive.

Nonsense! There are all sorts of experiments that can be done on the
cheap- it's wood, not nitroglycerine!

Perhaps some scientist can obtain a grant from the National
Endowment for the Arts to pursue this. After all, if they can support
artists who produce such things as "**** Jesus," a few million for a study
that might produce evidence of global warming in an LDD solution should be a
snap!.
In the meantime, take good care of your liver! *G*

Leif