Default Selecting wall tiles for a shower.

I am looking for wall tiles to finish one of my showers. I have
narrowed my selection to 2 tiles. The first one is a high gloss white
tile, with some nice inserts to liven up the design. The other choice
(and my preffered color and pattern) is a sandy beige tile, in a matte
finish. The store I visited said that matte finish tiles were designed
to be used in a shower, but I am concerned about that fact that they
are a matte finish. Will I end up with a maintenance headache??
Glossy tiles are easy to clean... soap and water deposits come off
easy. Will the same hold true for the matte tiles? The tiles are
slightly textured (like a very fine sand finish). Any suggestions
would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

MM