Al Reynolds

"s--p--o--n--i--x" wrote in message
On Tue, 24 May 2005 06:48:39 GMT, "nick smith"
wrote:

Thinking of selling my house, D-I-Y, i.e. without the agent / fees.

Anyone here done this and have any tips, mainly "where to advertise" ?

Someone up the road from us are using these people:

www.thelittlehousecompany.co.uk

£89 and it includes a "For Sale" board, from what I can gather.

Or for £129 they will list on all the major websites except RightMove,
including www.propertyfinder.com and www.fish4homes.co.uk, as
well as several newspapers' website property sections.

You can't get a private sale property listed on RightMove - they do a
good job of protecting their members' interests, which I suppose is
fair enough.

For me the big turnoff of selling privately is vetting people. How do
I know that the 'viewers' aren't just burglars coming round to case
the joint? I'm not sure how much extra vetting estate agents do, but
it does feel like it's safer.

I suspect private selling works best in an area where people drive
past regularly, or where there are people nearby who want relatives
to move into the area. I live at the top of a cul-de-sac where people
don't move very often, so I doubt a for sale board would make much
difference. They say that half of people house-hunting now use the
Internet as first port of call, but I suspect that's a bit high.

Al