PrecisionMachinisT

"Cliff" wrote in message

Sounds like someone has not been maintaining the fluid, if it's
a fluid clutch.

Well....MAYBE...he's on the right track.....

Is it?

Nope...I guess not...

Oil leaking?

Probly it's leaking at least a little--then again, doubtful that's related
to the problem at hand...

Can you use an automotive-type transmission fluid & a
few changes?

Can you explain why you would think that might be something he should be
considering ???

Are they any cleaning fluids for such?

Perhaps a fresh bucket of hydraulic fluid is in order ???

What does Mazak say?

Hmmm....sounds likely to me like this particular machine is nearly 30 years
old....and my bets that Mazak ain't even gonna give him the time of day in
Tokyo.

Hint--See:

http://www.mazak.com/japanese/index.html

SVL