JohnM

It's getting stranger. I took the outboard head off - it has a tube in
the center that goes through a hole in the middle of the piston -
apparently to feed pressure/vacuum from the cylinder at the inboard
side of the piston. This is fed out through the top of the head and
back into the valve block.

The "shafts" protruding from fore and aft on the valve block are
actually just pins. The butt against the top of a valve, allowing it
to be pushed in with the pin.

I *know* I've read about this recently, I just can't remember where!

wrb

Good. How long is the tube? Does it reach well past halfway tothe other
end of the cylinder? If so, I got some ideas.. If not, I still don't know;-)

John