gthornhi

I've got the 22-580 Delta. I haven't used it a lot and don't have a
lot of planer experience but have really liked this machine. I can't
see any snipe to speak of unless I went to heavy on the cut. With the
dust collector attachment, the machine ran very clean. I picked up a
refurbished one from toolking.com for $299 (about 2 months ago). The
two speed feature is nice, as well as a zero stop mechanism that lets
you set up the depth of cut fairly easily by letting you know when the
knives are exactly at the same level as the top of the board.

I read up on the Dewalt when I bought the Delta as I didn't have a
personal preference on which one to buy. I had read a couple of
complaints that there were some plastic gears or some other type of
mechanism that broker in the Dewalt fairly easily and weren't too cheap
to replace. That was enough to sway my decision.

Good luck.