Jeff Wisnia

BillP wrote:
Christopher Tidy wrote:

jtaylor wrote:

http://forgedunderthemountain.com/FUTMPG3.html

Is it legal to do this to coinage in the US? It isn't in England,
although I did use some coins to make ends for a Van de Graaff
generator roller once, and I heard that there was some new law which
permitted the defacement of 1p coins too :-).

Chris

This has been done for many years as I had a Hi Schoold class mate whose
whole class made siver rings out of quarters when the US coin WAS
silver. (This goes back to the late '50's)

I "refaced" more than one relay contact with bits cut from dimes back
then. Soft soldered them onto the remains of the original contacts.

One of those partially made rings was in R.J.'s April 05 "What is it" as
No. 328 a short time ago.

Jeff

--
Jeffry Wisnia